1. Every artificial birth control method involves medical risk. Therefore, it places a healthy woman at risk.
2. Artificial birth control involves ingesting dangerous drugs or using intrusive devices.
3. The more effective the artificial method, the more dangerous it is, e.g., the Pill, the Patch, Nuva-ring, Depo-Provera injection, Implants, Intrauterine Devices, etc.
4. Artificial birth control involves a continual expense.
5. Often artificial methods of birth control are used blindly without the woman knowing how they are affecting her body.
6. The use of artificial methods of birth control suppresses the normal, healthy functions of the human reproductive system.
7. The use of barrier methods such as condoms, diaphragms, spermicides, etc. do not always prevent conception when they are used in the 100 hours of fertility in the woman’s cycle. It is critical for the couple to understand that while a woman can become pregnant for about 100 hours each cycle, venereal diseases can be transmitted at any time.
8. The use of artificial birth control often encourages spouses to never communicate with one another about something as important as bringing life into the world or postponing it. Most women are not even aware of when they are fertile or infertile.
9. Very often artificial birth control frees the man from any responsibility when it comes to planning a family. Most, if not all, of the burden of artificial birth control is placed on the woman.
10. Artificial birth control places a barrier between husband and wife and limits the most intense physical expression of human love. When the couple is never required to make the sacrifice of abstaining (as is the case while using artificial birth control), marital relations can lose their deeper meaning. It is easy for a husband and a wife to use each other instead of loving each other.
11. Prolonged use of artificial birth control sometimes results in infertility. For example, the Pill causes 150 chemical changes in the woman's body.
12. The level of discontent and the discontinuation rate of most artificial birth control methods is extremely high in many countries, especially in the Third World. Use of artificial birth control is unacceptable to many religious and cultural traditions because it involves a direct attack on the transmission of life. In addition, certain artificial birth control methods such as the Pill, the Patch, Nuva-ring, Depo-Provera injection, Implants, and Intrauterine Devices do not always prevent conception. Instead they can cause a very early abortion a few days later by preventing the newly conceived human person from implanting in the womb. Therefore they act as abortifacients.
13. The divorce rate among couples who use artificial birth control is much higher.